Eggs! Rich in protein and oh so delicious! For people like me who work out 6 days a week, ensuring that we get the protein that we need to build that lean muscle, eggs are one of my go-to foods.
Having said that, I do worry about the highly industrialised nature of egg production, and even if they’re meant to be free range and organic, you can’t be sure the feeds are free from pesticides and GMOs, etc, etc, etc. Seriously, how did the human race come to this… okay, rant over. 😉
Here’s an easy egg recipe that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Serves 2 to 4
1 medium sweet white onion
5 medium brown or white mushrooms
5 cherry tomatoes
Handful of spinach
- Preheat your oven to about 180C (356F).
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, season and set aside.
- Slice all the other ingredients into very small pieces. Add everything into the beaten eggs.
- Pour into muffin cups. This mixture makes about 8 cupcake-sized pieces.
- Bake until desired doneness. I served it with one slice of prosciutto and some leek sprouts. Leave out prosciutto for vegetarian version.