Eggs are one of my favourite ‘superfoods’ – yes, I consider it as such. I love them poached, cooked in a shallow pan with a teaspoon of vinegar. Takes just a few minutes and it tastes amazing with avocado, pine nuts, green onions or just plain old salt and pepper.
Breakfast for one
- 2 eggs
- Green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp white vinegar for poaching
- 2 fiber crackers
- Pine nuts
- Sliced pineapples
- Cinnamon powder
- Goji berries
- In a shallow pan, bring water to a boil. Add white vinegar. Carefully put eggs into the pan, one by one, careful not to break the egg’s shape. Cover the pan and let cook for a couple of minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Serve on crackers, top with sliced green onions, season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, serve pineapples sprinkled with cinnamon powder and goji berries.
- You may also get creative with other fruit variations.