I love that time, usually on Saturday afternoons, when you find yourself with that coveted free time (me time!) to sit down, put your feet up, enjoy a cup of coffee or tea with some delicious sweet treats. Now that it’s cold, rainy and sometimes snowy outside, this treat feels even more heavenly. Enjoy!
Makes about 25 cookies
- 270g of oats
- 4 ripe bananas (about 500g)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 150g of dried cranberries and raisins
- handful of slivered almonds
- 4 red apples (about 550g)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Grate the apples (including the skin) and mash the bananas. Drain the excess liquid from the grated apples and mix them with all the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Put a layer of baking paper on your tray.
- Scoop a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and flatten it into shape on the tray. Make sure to get an even amount of cranberries in each cookie to prevent them from sinking to the bottom and burning.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Enjoy with a lovely cup of coffee.