Stews are one of my favourite dishes to cook. It’s easy, all you need is one big pot and everything melts together to create a hearty home-cooked meal. Here’s one that’s healthy, plant-based, vegan and just so delicious. Enjoy!
Serves 6 to 8 people
- 2 cans tinned tomatoes (400ml each)
- 1 can coconut milk (400g)
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 aubergines
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 can chickpeas (400g)
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp tumeric powder
- 4 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- fresh coriander
- brown/red rice or quinoa to serve
- Cut the sweet potato into small chunk and steam for 15 minutes. Chop the aubergine into bite sized pieces.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, put tomato puree, cider vinegar, garlic, spices, and salt into a pot with some olive oil. Heat for a minute or two or until bubbling.
- Add coconut milk, tomatoes, aubergine, sweet potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for about 45 minutes. Then add drained chickpeas and spinach and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with brown/red rice or quinoa and top with fresh coriander.